Pages

Sunday, January 24, 2010

National Peanut Butter Day: Add Chocolate


January 24 is National Peanut Butter Day. I love Chocolate and Peanut Butter. Who doesn't love Hershey's Reese's Pieces? On National Peanut Butter Fudge Day (November 20), I posted a delicious and easy recipe.

Being that it's a holiday, I thought I'd post some likes to some of my other favorite chocolate and peanut butter sites:

One of my favorite recipes is Peanut Butter Chocolate Pillows on Postpunkkitchen.

Don't want to bake but still want to celebrate? Haagen-Dazs has a fabulous Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream.

I also like to put peanut butter as a center in cupcakes.

Several companies make Chocolate Peanut Butter in a Jar. Want to make your own? Here's an easy recipe. You can also substitute this for peanut butter in recipes.

1/2 cup chopped dark chocolate, broken into bits
1-1/2 cups smooth peanut butter
1/4 cup butter, softened
1/4 cup confectioners sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract (or a good Madagascar vanilla)
1 teaspoon instant coffee granules (I have this around just for recipes)
1 teaspoon hot water

Melt chocolate chips in a saucepan over another saucepan with boiling water (double boiler, if you have it). Cool until barely warm, but still liquid.

Scrape melted chocolate into a large bowl. Add peanut butter, butter, sugar, and vanilla extract. Stir until thoroughly combined.

Mix instant coffee with hot water until completely dissolved. Add coffee to the chocolate peanut butter mixture until combined.

Place in glass jars with tight seals. Serve as a spread with cookies, crackers, or toast or use as a filling for cakes.

Great for gifts, eating out of the jar, or using in recipes (if it lasts).

5 comments:

Courtney Parker said...

I love your blog!
Im very excited to make the Chocolate Peanut Butter in a Jar!

Janet Rudolph said...

Thanks, Courtney, I know you'll love it.

Susan M. Bell said...

Peanut Butter...a sweetness second only to chocolate. Yummy!

I’ve nominated you for the Kreativ Blogger Award. To get your award go to my blog: Rambling Thoughts and Thoughtful Ramblings, copy the badge and see directions in my post about the award. (susanswritinglife.blogspot.com)

Janet Rudolph said...

Thanks, Susan, how kind of you! I will post the Kreativ Blogger Award first thing tomorrow!

preeti said...

loving your blog would definetly try the chocolate peanut butter recipe..my 2 year 6 months daughter would love it!