Pages

Friday, May 31, 2013

CHOCOLATE ALMOND CREAM ROLL: Summer Retro Ad & Recipe

Summer is here, and it's going to be a scorcher today. Thought I'd take you back to another time with a Retro Baker's Chocolate Ad. My parents bought a new house in suburbia in the late 50s. Since neither of my parents grew up with air conditioning, they didn't choose that option from the builder add-ons. What were they thinking? Philadelphia? In the summer? My grandmother lived with us, so there was always a hot oven since she loved to bake. Needless to say, a few years down the road, my parents added air conditioning. Thank goodness. O.K. I know it's a #firstworldproblem, but still.

So here's a great "Recipe for Getting Yourself Talked About this Summer." Gotta love the Baker's Chocolate Story/Recipe Ads. This really is a great recipe for Chocolate Almond Cream Roll (with a variation for Chocolate Tier Cake). Want to bring it inot 2013? Just substitute your favorite dark chocolate and cut down a bit on the sugar.


CHOCOLATE ALMOND CREAM ROLL


1 comment:

yummychunklet said...

Sounds like a delicious throwback recipe!